Sunday, July 7, 2013

Everyday I'm Pollinatin'

... except today.
Dude, where all da ladies at?

Douchebag pumpkin flower in da house.

Who's your daddy???
My diligent, daily pollinating program is granting me gourd rewards! (Don't you just hate gratuitous alliteration?)

Back in March I planted three different varieties of pumpkin seed (that I managed to leave unlabeled). Now that they're all sexually mature, I've been cross-pollinating them as many different ways that I can (again, without labeling any of them as to the baby-daddy). The three varieties are Small Sugar, Jack O'Lantern and Big Max. I'm hoping to get some good-eatin' pumpkins as well as some large, well-shaped ones for carving. If I manage to identify a thoroughbred Big Max baby, I may just remove his siblings from that vine and grow him as big as I can. I won't get a prize-winning pumpkin, but I could get a neighborhood freak-show pumpkin. Fun!

When you're all growed up, you can go on Jerry and find out who you daddy is.

For now, I'll just keep on pimpin.
... Except for today, 'cause, ya know. Not enough ladies, too many mans.

... and why are all these other guys naked? Wait, is this one of those gay clubs?!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a better dressed pumpkin(pimpkin?) flower guy. And that is no lie. You do realize that when the babies grow up, they will need equally impressive outfits? Unless they are the kind you plan on eating I suppose . . . then you can just dress them up in a pie crust and have your sister over for desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely planning on stickin' dem babies in a pie crust. Happy to share! If I get enough pumpkin meat, I might try some other pumpkin-based recipes, too. So many to choose from!

      Delete