Saturday, February 8, 2014

Precious Snowfall

This right here is the first considerable snowfall we've had all winter! I'd better go knock some of that snow off the delicate branches of my upright juniper before the weight splays them out too far. My skinny little potted bamboo is looking rather weighed down, too. Fortunately, most of the plants in my yard don't mind a little snow accumulation. This weeping Norway spruce is all bent over because it was trained to grow that way. The snow only accentuates the shape. In fact, this little tree has never looked more beautiful to me than it does now.

Ah, snow!

2 comments:

  1. Your Norway Spruce is weeping because it's so cold! hee hee
    Enjoy your snow- mine is just starting to melt :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ... Mine's melting now, too. Rising temps mean I can run errands without slipping about on ice, though. This is good.

      Delete